Creating long term links to reduce waste and create a more circular local economy
Session 1 & 2.
- For pupils to take an active role in creating long term links to their community which will help them to;
- Feel more connected to their village and create a deeper sense of community. Feel more inspired to care for their local community
- Understand how local organisations and businesses contribute to village life and the circular economy and how this can help to look after the environment and enhance health. Enhance their learning creatively across the curriculum through using the local environment.
- To be able to use the green screen technology successfully to produce a short film.
Food waste, compost in a bottle and Wormery lesson.
- To understand the environmental impact of waste food and to be able to set up practical ways to reduce the issues it causes.
- To practically set up both a wormery and compost box safely within the school grounds.
Waste Fertilizer lessons session 1 & 2
- Lesson one – To understand what a fair test is. b/ To be able to carry out a fair test accurately
- Lesson two – To understand what plants need to grow. b/ To be able to design and carry out a fair test safely which can assess the effects of fertilizers on plant growth .
Waste Fertilizer lessons session 3 & 4
- To create a green screen film to show the risks and benefits of fertilizer use.